- Linda Moses, CMT (DBA Knot Away Therapy) will not be held liable for any injury or condition that arises from the application of massage therapy/bodywork despite completion of this form. although massage therapy/bodywork can be very therapeutic, relaxing and reduce muscle tension. it is not a substitute for a medical examination, diagnosis or treatment.
- Because some medical conditions can spread or become irritated by massage, steam, or essential oils, your therapist has the right to suggest changes to the session or cancel the session, for your safety. If you have questions, you may email the therapist ahead of time or get written approval from your physician.
- Please do not bring your children to your massage session, since it is time you have set aside to care for yourself, and interruptions will take away from the quality of the session.
- If you arrive late or begin late due to paperwork or restroom break, your session may be shortened to ensure that appointments following yours start on time. When this happens, you will be responsible for the full cost of the original appointment length.
- Please understand that we will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items and we ask that you leave valuable items at home.
- Our services are not sexual. Any inappropriate behavior will result in a canceled session and police involvement.
- A strict 48-hour cancellation policy is enforced and by signing this intake form you agree to this policy: 100% service charge. the cancellation policy fee must be paid before the next massage appointment. Please be aware that this time has been scheduled for you.
- Draping will be used during all sessions and will adhere to CAMTC regulations. genitalia or breast tissue from either gender will not be massaged. (excluding Pectoralis and Gluteal muscles with verbal & written consent from the client).
- Sexual advances made before or during the session will result in immediate termination of the session, 100% service charge, a call to 911 to report to the police a violation of Penal Code 647(b) Solicitation of Prostitution.
- Children under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian are required to provide a signature for the massage session and must be present in the room during the massage appointment.
- A credit card will be required for appointment reservations. Arriving late for an appointment may require us to shorten the length of the treatment or reschedule so that our other guests are not inconvenienced. Failure to reschedule within 48 hours will result in an automatic charge of 100% of the service amount to your credit card
- The rescheduling/ cancellation fee must be paid before your next service. If you have a gift certificate, the 50% rescheduling /cancellation fee still applies. Without the courtesy of communicating with a staff member within the requested time frame, any last minute cancellations and no-shows will be automatically charged due to the time slot being reserved just for you. Remember that even one missed appointment can greatly affect expected goals, and greatly inconveniences our staff members. Please be aware that our therapists have your scheduled time specifically blocked off to accommodate you, and we ask the same courtesy to be extended. If you send another client in your place, you will not be charged the fee. Continuous rescheduling and missed appointments will result in no future services unless pre-purchased in advanced.
- Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes prior to your treatment time to fill out any necessary paperwork, and to begin the relaxation process. If you are running late or need directions, please contact the staff as soon as possible to notify of your estimates arrival time or to reschedule.
- Gift certificates, package(s) and services must be used within 12 months from the date of purchase, and cannot be extended past the expiration date. Expired gift certificates have no cash value and may not be refunded or redeemed for products or services.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Shaving, laser, or waxing just prior to a body scrub is not recommended.
- Please silence your cell phone during your visit to encourage uninterrupted tranquility.
- If you’re uncomfortable, you don’t have to undress completely; it’s perfectly okay to wear underwear while having a massage session. Draping is ALWAYS required during a service.
- If you are on any medications or have recent injections/surgeries, please advise staff so we can accommodate products and pressure and services accordingly to avoid any contraindications.
- Feel free to shower prior to, or after a treatment.
TIPS FOR TIPPING:
- Leaving 15% to 20% based on the original price of the service is customary at most spas.
- Received services from more than one therapist? Leave a separate tip for each one.
- Gratuity is never expected, but always gratefully appreciated! The best tip of all is a client referral, social media check-ins, and an online review!